EcDermaid Face and Body Spray: How Does it Work?
The EcDermaid Face and Body Spray provides fast and long term relief from symptoms of itching, redness, and dryness associated with eczema or dermatitis. It is designed for ultra sensitive skin, such as that of a child. It is a safe and effective blend of natural minerals and herbs, and quickly penetrates into the deeper layer of the skin to help reduce inflammation and nourish dry skin without any irritation.
So, how does it work? The spray, in a base of water and glycerin, also contains the following ingredients: Silver Hydrosol, Mirabilitum, Alumen, Scute, Coptis, Phellodendron, Subprostrata, Belamcanda, Fritillaria, Mentha, Peppermint and Zinc. Although in Chinese medicine, herbs are almost always used together, each herb/substance has its own therapeutic properties. I will break them down to illustrate how each ingredient contributes to the overall formula.
- Silver hydrosol, or colloidal silver, can kill many pathogens on the skin, including bacteria, fungi, and viruses. This is important for eczema, since if the skin barrier is cracked and also maybe bleeding, this can leave the skin vulnerable to infection.
- Mirabilitum, also known as mang xiao in Chinese medicine, reduces inflammation and redness in the skin
- Alumen, alleviates itching, redness, and removes dampness if the skin is oozing. It also removes toxins from the skin.
- Scute, or scutellaria, is a Chinese herb that reduces inflammation and removes toxins from the skin. It also inhibits bacteria and other microorganisms on the skin
- Coptis is very similar to Scute, in that it is also antimicrobial, and decreases inflammation and redness on the skin
- Phellodendron is also similar to both coptis and scute in its antimicrobial properties. In fact, these 3 herbs are known as the “3 huangs” in Chinese: huang qin (scute), huang lian (coptis) and huang bai (phellodendron). These 3 herbs plus the fruit of the gardenia plant comprise a well-known herbal formula for clearing toxins from the body, huang lian jie du san. This is a very ‘heat’ clearing formula, and if you ingest these herbs, the taste will be extremely bitter. In fact, there is a Chinese saying: “My life is more bitter than Huang Lian” Fortunately, you don’t need to drink this spray!
- Subprostrata, or shan dou gen, is also antimocribial and clears heat from the skin
- Belamcanda is another Chinese herb that clears heat and toxins from the skin
- Fritillaria inhibits the production of chemicals that your skin produces in the inflammatory process. Therefore, this is an anti-inflammatory herb
- Mentha and peppermint is very cool and soothing to the skin rash. It also relieves itching.
- Zinc reduces redness and irritation, and also forms a protective barrier on the skin.
The combination of all of the above ingredients will soothe your skin and reduce the inflammation and irritation. At Merry Clinic, we also advise that you combine the EcDermaid Face and Body spray with our other products, such as the EcDermaid herbal capsules, or the Kids’ Dermacalm herbal syrup, for best results.